Spotify is extraordinary compared to other music streaming stages out there, Spotify has a devoted work area application to make it simpler for clients to stream music on their PCs. Sadly, numerous Windows clients have revealed seeing error code 18 while attempting to introduce the Spotify application on their PCs. Error code 18 is constantly joined by a message that peruses:
“The installer can’t introduce Spotify in light of the fact that the records to compose are being used by another cycle. If it’s not too much trouble, ensure Spotify isn’t running and retry.”
Error code 18 happens in light of the fact that records that should be replicated over to your PC and composed during the establishment of Spotify are, for reasons unknown, effectively on it and are additionally being used by another cycle or application while the Spotify installer is attempting to take care of its work.
This is the motivation behind why the majority of the clients influenced by this issue see error code 18 while attempting to reinstall Spotify subsequent to having beforehand uninstalled it from their PCs. Now and then when you uninstall an application from your PC, a few documents, settings, or vault components relating to the application you uninstall are abandoned.
On the off chance that these remainders are subsequently utilized by another cycle or application while you attempt to reinstall the application you uninstalled, the reinstallation may fall flat.
Fortunately, however, getting error code 18 while attempting to introduce Spotify isn’t the apocalypse. Coming up next are the absolute best arrangements you can use to dispose of error code 18 and effectively introduce Spotify:
Arrangement 1: End any Spotify measures actually running behind the scenes
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to dispatch the Task Manager.
2. Navigate to the Processes tab.
1. Scroll through the rundown of cycles at present running on your PC and search for any cycles with “Spotify” in their name.
2. If you don’t track down any such cycles, this arrangement isn’t intended for you and you should continue on to another. In the event that you do track down any such cycles, individually, right-click on every one and snap on End Process.
3. Click on End measure in the subsequent discourse to affirm the activity.
4. Run the Spotify installer and check whether you are presently ready to effectively introduce Spotify on your PC.
Arrangement 2: Delete the Spotify organizer in your PC’s AppData catalog
1. Press the Windows Logo key + R to open a Run exchange.
2. Type %appdata% into the Run exchange and press Enter to open the AppData catalog in a new occurrence of Windows Explorer.
3. Locate the Spotify envelope in the AppData index, right-click on it and snap on Delete.
4. In the subsequent popup, click on Yes to affirm the activity and erase the Spotify envelope.
5. Restart your PC.
6. When your PC boots up, have a go at introducing Spotify to see whether you’re actually getting error code 18.
Arrangement 3: Delete each record relating to Spotify on your PC
1. Press the Windows Logo key + E to dispatch the Windows Explorer.
2. Press Ctrl + F to enact the Search bar straightforwardly from your console.
3. Type “spotify” into the Search bar and press Enter.
4. Wait for Windows Explorer to scan the whole of your PC for documents with “spotify” in their name and show the outcomes to you.
5. Once you have the outcomes, press Ctrl + A to choose ALL of the records.
6. Press Delete.
7. Click on Yes in the subsequent popup to affirm the activity and erase the entirety of the records.
8. Restart your PC.
Once done, have a go at introducing Spotify and check whether it works now.
Arrangement 4: Exit Steam and afterward attempt to introduce Spotify
For reasons unknown, Steam – the PC gaming stage – has a propensity for utilizing a portion of the records and cycles that are left behind when you uninstall Spotify from your PC, and this can prompt you getting error code 18 when you attempt to reinstall Spotify. Fortunately, however, in case this is the reason for this issue for your situation, you should simply leave Steam and you ought to have the option to effectively introduce Spotify.
1. Open Steam.
2. Click on Steam in the upper left half of the window.
3. Click on Exit.
4. Wait for Steam to close totally.
5. Wait one more moment or thereabouts as a sanity check.
6. Run the Spotify installer and attempt to introduce Spotify on your PC – if Steam truly was the offender behind the issue, Spotify ought to be introduced no matter what.
Arrangement 5: Uninstall any projects meddling with the Spotify establishment
A few projects are known to meddle with the Spotify installer and lead to clients seeing errors, for example, error code 18 when they attempt to introduce Spotify. Two projects that are especially known to cause this issue are iTunes and Comodo. In the event that you have any of these two projects on your PC or another program that you think might be meddling with the establishment of Spotify on your PC, this is what you ought to do:
Professional TIP: If the issue is with your PC or a PC/scratchpad you should take a stab at utilizing Restoro Repair which can filter the storehouses and supplant bad and missing records. This works by and large, where the issue is started because of a framework defilement.
1. Open the Start Menu.
2. Search for “add or eliminate programs”.
3. Click on the query item named Add or eliminate programs.
4. Scroll down the rundown of projects introduced on your PC, find iTunes, comodo or whatever other program you think may be thwarting the establishment of Spotify and right-click on it.
5. Click on Uninstall.
6. Go through the wizard to uninstall the program.
7. Once the program has been uninstalled, restart your PC.
8. When your PC boots up, run the Spotify installer. The Spotify establishment should now go through effectively.
9. If Spotify is effectively introduced on your PC, you can feel free to reinstall the program you beforehand uninstalled to get the Spotify establishment to succeed.
Some Spotify clients have additionally announced error code 18 springing up while they attempt to dispatch Spotify. In case you’re getting error code 18 while attempting to dispatch Spotify, just uninstall Spotify from your PC and afterward utilize the accompanying answers for attempt and resolve the issue:
Arrangement 6: Boot your PC in to and out of Safe Mode
In some cases, everything necessary to dispose of error code 18 on a Windows PC is to boot the PC in to Safe Boot and afterward out of it. All together apply this arrangement, you need to:
1. Press the Windows Logo key + R to open a Run exchange.
2. Type msconfig into the Run exchange and press Enter.
3. Navigate to the Boot tab of System Configuration.
4. Under the Boot alternatives segment, check the Safe boot choice.
5. Click on Apply.
6. Click on OK.
7. Restart your PC. At the point when your PC boots up, it will boot into Safe Mode.
8. When your PC boots up, rehash stages 1–6, however this time uncheck the Safe boot choice in sync 4 as opposed to checking it.
9. Restart your PC, and this time it will boot out of Safe Mode and boot up how it typically does.
At the point when your PC boots up, run the Spotify installer, introduce Spotify and verify whether the issue actually continues.